Omega Pharma - Quick-Step Cycling Team riders Iljo Keisse and Niki Terpstra have won the 6-Days of Rotterdam. In a thrilling final they managed to gain a lap on their concurrents, which was enough to bring home the first OPQS win of 2013!
After 45 minutes of racing, and several attacks, Keisse and Terpstra decided it was time to strike. With just eight laps to go, Keisse and Terpstra launched an attack that could not be matched. This is the third win at Rotterdam for Keisse (2007 with Robert Bartko, 2010 with Danny Stam, 2013), and the first for Terpstra!
Congratulations to Iljo and Niki, bringing OPQS very early success!
1. Iljo Keisse/Niki Terpstra 256 points
2. Peter Schep/Wim Stroetinga 287 points (+1 lap)
3. Yoeri Havik/Nick Stopler 279 points
4. Michael Morkov/Pim Ligthart 267 points
5. Kenny De Ketele/Gijs Van Hoecke 222 points